- Workshop 1: Information Session
- Workshop 2: Emerging Technologies for Entrepreneurs
- Workshop 3: Design Thinking and teamwork
- Workshop 4: Lean Business Model and the Business Model Canvas
- Workshop 5: Protoyping and Visualizing your Idea
- Workshop 6: Effective Pitches and Presentations
- Presentation Video
- Other tips:
- Look at the challenge criteria
- Read this blog post by Pascal Finette
- Take a look at this pitch deck example. When necessary, add photos or images.
- For even more specific detail on formatting your deck, read Guy Kawasaki´’s post.
Tip: Invite friends or go around FSU pitching to strangers. Rapid iteration of the message is the best way to sharpen the message and land on the core language to describe your company in 15 seconds or less.
- Workshop 7: Determining Costs and Revenues/BMC
Forms and Worksheets
- Lean Business Model/Business Model Canvas (LBM) Worksheet (pdf)
- Non-Profit Lean Operations Model (NLOM) Worksheet (pdf)
- Non-Profit Lean Operations Model (NLOM) Worksheet Key (pdf)
- Lean Business Model Workshop MC (Workshop 10-1-2015) (pdf)
- NLOM for Non-Profits JMI NPEP Class II (Workshop 10-1-2015) (pdf)
- Future360.tv: Steve Blank on How to Build a Lean Startup
- Steve Blank It’s Our Research interview
- Minimum Viable Product – How to Build a Startup
- Customer Validation – How to Build a Startup
- Eric Ries explains The Pivot
- Eric Ries on Lean Startup Methodology
- The Lean Startup Video by Joone Studios
- Rob Fitzpatrick – How To Do (And What To Expect From) Early-Stage Customer Development & Sales
- Helpful customers and key resources
- Startup for grannies, customer segments & channels
- Nathan Furr, Brigham Young University
- Customer validation process
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a FAMU student enrolled in the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. Am I eligible to compete?
For purposes of the competition, you meet the requirement to be a student enrolled at FSU. You will need to verify that you meet the rest of the requirements at Eligibility Guidelines.
Can I change team members after registration?
You can add or remove team members until you have made your Stage 2 Submission.
Are there restrictions on other changes that I might want to make?
You cannot make any changes during the competition which cause your team to no longer meet the eligibility qualifications. Also, after making your Stage 2 Submission, you can no longer change the name of the team/company, the members, the Value Proposition, or the for-profit/nonprofit status.
Can I participate on more than one team?
Yes. However, past experience shows that the Validation and Pivot processes for each team will take a good amount of time to complete, so you will want to carefully consider if this will overextend your capacity to do well by each team.
How can I make sure my Submissions are made on time?
Submissions need to be received by 11:59 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time at https://jimmoranschool-fsu.us.myreviewroom.com
What do you mean by a “social enterprise”?
A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being—this may include maximizing social impact alongside profits for external shareholders. A social mission is at the core of the enterprise.