- Information Session PowerPoint
- Information Session Video
- Workshop 2 Understanding/Identifying a Need/Problem PowerPoint
- Workshop 3 Video
- Workshop 3 Social/Environmental Impact
- Workshop 4 Design Thinking and Working in Teams
- Workshop 4 Video
Forms and Worksheets
- Lean Business Model/Business Model Canvas (LBM) Worksheet (pdf)
- Non-Profit Lean Operations Model (NLOM) Worksheet (pdf)
- Non-Profit Lean Operations Model (NLOM) Worksheet Key (pdf)
- Lean Business Model Workshop MC (Workshop 10-1-2015) (pdf)
- NLOM for Non-Profits JMI NPEP Class II (Workshop 10-1-2015) (pdf)
- Social Enterprise Business Model
- Blank Social Enterprise Business Model
- Future360.tv: Steve Blank on How to Build a Lean Startup
- Steve Blank It’s Our Research interview
- Minimum Viable Product – How to Build a Startup
- Customer Validation – How to Build a Startup
- Eric Ries explains The Pivot
- Eric Ries on Lean Startup Methodology
- The Lean Startup Video by Joone Studios
- Rob Fitzpatrick – How To Do (And What To Expect From) Early-Stage Customer Development & Sales
- Helpful customers and key resources
- Startup for grannies, customer segments & channels
- Nathan Furr, Brigham Young University
- Customer validation process
- Spirit of the Entrepreneur
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a FAMU student enrolled in the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. Am I eligible to compete?
For purposes of the competition, you meet the requirement to be a student enrolled at FSU. You will need to verify that you meet the rest of the requirements at Eligibility Guidelines. FAMU students can participate on a team in the competition, but at least 51% of the students on the team need to be FSU students.
Can I change team members after registration?
You can add or remove team members until you have made your Stage 2 Submission.
Are there restrictions on other changes that I might want to make?
You cannot make any changes during the competition which cause your team to no longer meet the eligibility qualifications. Also, after making your Stage 2 Submission, you can no longer change the name of the team/company, the members, the or value proposition.
Can I participate on more than one team?
Yes. However, past experience shows that the Validation and Pivot processes for each team will take a good amount of time to complete, so you will want to carefully consider if this will overextend your capacity to do well by each team.
How can I make sure my Submissions are made on time?
Submissions need to be received by 11:59 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time at https://jimmoranschool-fsu.us.myreviewroom.com
What do you mean by a “social enterprise”?
A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being—this may include maximizing social impact alongside profits for external shareholders. A social mission is at the core of the enterprise.