Entrepreneur in Residence
Director of Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
OFFICE: RBB 117
ACADEMIC SPECIALTY: Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Mark brings a wide range of entrepreneurial and executive management experience from the for-profit and non-profit sectors. Dr. McNees is the Founder and CEO of RedEye Coffee, Founder of Element3, and serves as a board member of the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce. His education includes a B.S. in Marketing, Minor in Finance and Merchandising, M.A. in Religion, and a D.Min. in Leadership. His education and experience is the foundation he uses to inform his passion that social entrepreneurship, commerce, and innovation are powerful tools that can produce a positive impact on many current global issues such as poverty traps, economic injustice, and environmental neglect.
- Leadership Tallahassee Distinguished Leadership Awards, Leader of the Year (Finalist) 2017
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, Best Business of the Year (Finalist) (RedEye Coffee) 2016
- USA Cycling, Best Cycling Club of the Year (RedEye Velo) 2015
- Tally Award, Best Local Business and Best Coffee Shop (Winner or Finalist) (RedEye Coffee) 2010-17
- eLit, Gold Medal Winner, “Immersion: Live the Life God Envisioned for You” 2012
- Amazon Best Seller in category, “Immersion: Live the Life God Envisioned for You” 2012
- Tallahassee Magazine, Best of Tallahassee (RedEye Coffee) 2011-2013
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business of the Year (RedEye Coffee) 2009
- Mark started his first business at 10 renting video games to his school mates.
- Mark received a 0.00 average in the 9th grade and would have dropped out of school if it was not for a caring teacher who helped him get diagnosed with dyslexia and made sure he got the appropriate help.
- Mark is an Ironman.
- Mark swam from Alcatraz Island to San Fransico.
- Mark has delivered over 1,000 public speaking talks in five different countries.
- Mark travels with his own mic.